Dungeon Disaster Dev Blog 7

I worked on a lot of code cleanup this past week as well as a couple new features. The first thing I tackled was the text box popup. It just closed when you used your sword and also still swung the sword. I needed it to speed up the text the first time and close the...

Dungeon Disaster Dev Blog 6

Almost all of the placeholder artwork has been replaced. Only a couple items and a few enemies remain. I’ve worked quite a bit on a lighting system and the underlying code to allow it to be a bit flexible. I was on the fence initially if I liked it, but it has...

Dungeon Disaster Dev Blog 5

This week I spent a little time coding out how a credits screen should work. I figure I’ll keep track of credits on the screen rather than a bunch of notes made everywhere, and then they’ll be ready to go. I spent a lot of time over complicating this when...

Dungeon Disaster Dev Blog 3

Spikes One of the floor types I had in mind were spikes. They can make the room a little more dangerous and potentially allow some puzzle-ish stuff down the road. If nothing else it will at least help increase the different types and layouts of potential rooms during...